I don't post nearly enough, so here's something pretending to be content (thieved mercilessly from glinda_penguin).
1. Pick your 15 favourite films from IMDB and select a quote from each.
2. Post the quotes here.
3. Make your friends list guess which films the quotes are from.
4. Don't cheat!
5. Post this in your journal.
This isn't going to be my "top 15" since I'm terrible at picking such things. Just 15 I like. Avoiding ones I recognised from before. Quotes verbatim from IMDb so blame them for spelling and whatnot if necessary.
- Bad luck doesn't exist. It is just an invention of losers and poors. The Consequences of Love Never guessed!
Y'know that ringing in your ears? That 'eeeeeeeeee'? That's the sound of the ear cells dying, like their swan song. Once it's gone you'll never hear that frequency again. Enjoy it while it lasts.Children of Men (hoopiestfrood)
- An innocent prisoner will become more angry by the hour due to the injustice suffered. He will shout and rage. A guilty prisoner becomes more calm and quiet. Or he cries. He knows he's there for a reason. The best way to establish guilt or innocence is non-stop interrogation.* The Lives of Others Never guessed!
I just want to tell you both good luck. We're all counting on you.Airplane! (hoopiestfrood) What makes you think it was murrderr?Hot Fuzz (hoopiestfrood) Mother always taught me: "Never eat singing food."The Muppet Christmas Carol (windzswept) Jimmy was the kind of guy that rooted for bad guys in the movies.Goodfellas (windzswept) Throw one at me if you want, hash head. I've got all five senses and I slept last night, that puts me six up on the lot of you.Brick (hoopiestfrood) It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.The Blues Brothers (hoopiestfrood) It would not be difficult, Mein Fuhrer. Nuclear reactors could... I'm sorry, Mr. President... nuclear reactors could provide power almost indefinitely.Dr. Strangelove (etc...) (hoopiestfrood) I just want to tell you both good luck. We're all counting on you.Airplane! (hoopiestfrood) My warrior woman. My Valkyrie. You'll always be mine, always and never. Never. The Fire, baby. It'll burn us both. It'll kill us both. There's no place in this world for our kind of fire. Always and never. If I have to die for you tonight, I will.Sin City (hoopiestfrood) And you should see my Harry on Television. We're giving the prizes away. I JUST WANTED TO BE ON THE SHOW.Requiem for a Dream (hoopiestfrood) Life's funny. To a kid, time always drags. Suddenly you're fifty. All that's left of your childhood... fits in a rusty little box.Amelie (hoopiestfrood) "My job consists of basically masking my contempt for the assholes in charge, and, at least once a day, retiring to the men's room so I can jerk off while I fantasize about a life that doesn't so closely resemble Hell."American Beauty (brokenhut)
* I really want to pick a different quote for this one but the line I want is the last in the film, and I can't spoil it for people still to see it.